Tuesday, June 26, 2007

One Year Anniversary

365 days after being kidnapped there was an official sign that Gilad Shalit is alive, I posted the video here yesterday, but here it is translated in English from the BBC:

"I, the soldier Gilad, son of Noam Shalit, held by the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades.

Mother and father, my sister and my brother, my friends in the Israel Defence Forces: I send you from jail regards and my longing for all of you.

An entire year has passed with me in jail and still my health condition is deteriorating and I need extensive hospitalisation.

I am sorry for the lack of interest by the Israeli government and the army in my case and in the demands of Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades.

It is clear that they must accede to these demands in order that I may be released from jail.

Especially as I was involved in a military operation under orders and I was not a drugs dealer.

Just as I have parents, a mother and a father, the thousands of Palestinian detainees also have mothers and fathers who must have their sons returned.

I have great faith in my government that it will take more of an interest in me and will answer the demands of the mujahideen.

Cpl Gilad Shalit"

Also take a look an an interesting post from Jewlicious on the video



Israeli boys take part in a demonstration outside the Knesset in Jerusalem marking a year since Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit was captured by Hamas.

No comments: